|Extra Item Data||
Blast Furnace Shopping List
- 4 Fire Bricks
- 28 Wrought Iron Sheets
- A Double Sheet of any Tool Metal
- 2 Crucibles
- 1 Bellows (2 recommended for improved blowing)
For Each Additional Layer:
- 4 Fire Bricks
- 12 Wrought Iron Sheets
- Craft the Blast Furnace block out of eight Wrought Iron Double Sheets and a Crucible.
- Work a Tuyere out of a Double Sheet.
- Place the Crucible on the ground
- Place the Blast Furnace Block on top of the Crucible
- Place a Bellows such that it will blow into the Blast Furnace Block.
- Form the Chimney out of Fire Bricks starting the block above the Blast Furnace Block.
- to place 12 Wrought Iron Sheets on each horizontal, outward-facing side of the Blast Furnace.
- Place the Tuyere inside the Blast Furnace GUI.
- Add additional layers as wanted.
The finalized Blast Furnace fills when charcoal, flux and ore is dropped into the chimney. Right click the blast furnace block with a Firestarter or a Flint & Steel to activate it. The front of the blast furnace block and the top of the chimney should both start to glow.
The Blast Furnace GUI can be opened by right clicking the Blast Furnace block.
- Temperature Gauge: This shows the current temperature of the Blast Furnace. The temperature can be raised by adding more coal or by attaching a bellows to either side of the Blast Furnace and pumping it.
- Ore: How much unmelted ore is present in the Blast Furnace.
- Charcoal: How much charcoal is present in the Blast Furnace. Regular coal cannot be used in the Blast Furnace, only charcoal.
- Note: You want to make sure this bar is always equal to or fuller than the ore bar!
- Output: How much liquid metal is ready to be removed from the Blast Furnace.
- Tuyere Slot: This is where to put the Tuyere.
Note: The Tuyere is required in order to get anything out of the blast furnace. Without a Tuyere, the blast furnace will never reach completion.
Note: The Blast Furnace can only be used to smelt Iron Ores. If you wish to smelt large quantities of other ores, you will need to use a Crucible.
To smelt iron ore in a Blast Furnace, throw iron ore into the top of the Blast Furnace, along with an equal amount of Flux and an equal or greater amount of Charcoal all at the same time. Each layer of the blast furnace can process up to four pieces of ore. Right click the Blast Furnace Block with a Firestarter or Flint & Steel to light it. To keep the temperature high after throwing in the initial lighting piece of charcoal, it is recommended to keep a 1:1 ratio of charcoal to ore, or higher. If there is more ore than charcoal, the temperature will begin to drop.
With a Tuyere in the top-right slot of the Blast Furnace's GUI, work a bellows placed adjacent-to and facing the Blast Furnace to reach a sufficient temperature to smelt the ore.
If the ratio of charcoal to ore is at least 1:1 and the temperature is kept high enough with the use of a bellows, the ore will begin to melt. The ore counter will eventually deplete, filling the output counter with the resulting metal.
Once the ore is smelted, the Tuyere will take damage, and you will need to place a Crucible beneath the Blast Furnace block to catch the liquid pig iron.